Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Christmas

Sorry to leave such a teaser! There are no new babies on the way or anything like that. Every year my mother's family gets together at Christmas and exchanges gifts. Not unusual. The thing is that people are stressed about who to include in the exchange (boy/girlfriends or only spouses?) and the cost of the gift and "who's buying mine". So, a couple of us young movers and shakers thought maybe we could adopt a family that would otherwise have no gifts. And, they said YES!! I was a little surprised that there wasn't much of a fight. Not that we're all stingy materialists, but change is change and all that jazz. So, there you have it. It'll be like a rosy card, family all gathered 'round wrapping gifts and eating tasty treats really knowing the true spirit of Christmas. That's how it looks in my head, anyway.

2 comments:

TG said...

I'm excited! I think it sounds like a great idea! I'm glad we decided to bounce it off everyone....and I'm mostly glad everyone went for it.....

Wishbook said...

Wow! That's so cool!! I've been trying to convince my brothers/parents to go along with this myself, but they're really stuck on the whole exchanging gift thing. I'd much rather sit around with them talking, eating cookies, and doing fun stuff together than exchanging presents.

I hope it goes as great as the Christmas card images you have jingle-belling in your mind! :)