Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Gak

The other day we are just coming home from the grocery story/park/wherever and T looks up at me and says, " I wan wing da gak." I look down at him and have NO IDEA what he is talking about. I smile at him and say, "mm hmm" because I don't know what he's saying, but he knows that I don't know and is repeating, repeating, repeating. Then, in a flash, it hits me: "I want to ring the Gak." One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish! Damn that Dr. Seuss and his catchy little rhymes! The children in the book cheerily invite us to "come on down. We have the only gak in town." Apparently, T thought that throwing rings onto some poor moose-like creature was going to be way more fun than what I had planned. I hope he doesn't find a "Clark" in the park in the dark. This mother will definitely not like to watch him grow and grow.

1 comment:

In a split second said...

Cute story. Kid knew that you didnt understand and he kept pusing till you understood.

Also turn on your SPAM blocker.
Settings:
Comments:
Show word verification for comments? YES