Saturday, October 01, 2005

I love Autumn



I love Autumn! Not as much as I love those still warm days of summer's end. The ones just before it turns cold. Those are my absolute favorite, but I love days just like yesterday and today. Cool, but not coat-cold, drizzle with fits of real rain and the fog! Yesterday we had the first really rainy day of Fall and it looks like today will be more of the same. I love the cool weather with the constant drizzle and the fog. Fog is the perfect backdrop for the changing colors of the leaves. Blue sky is too much a contrast. The fog lets the leaves shine, all dewy. Also, I like the way the clouds hang just over your head, tucking you in. Some find this low-cloudedness oppressive, but I find it comforting. It's just like the heaviness of good winter blankets piled on the bed pressing me to sleep.

No comments: