Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The world according to T:

"We don't eat brains. Because we're not zombies. "
Totally.

Even though we're a little short on cash I renewed my flickr account and posted new pictures. There are lots from Christmas, even. The boys have been super cute (of course). A informed me that it's time to get ready for swimsuit season. He said he's going to be a tan, ripped god for summer. Geez, I guess I better get off my ass and stop eating ice cream. I can't sit next to him all flabby and white! Talk about pressure. How many leg lifts do I need to do before my thighs don't look like sacks of gelatin? Hmmmm.....

I'm thinking of picking up a one piece so the other moms will talk to me at the pools this summer. I think that I look a little too much like the nanny when I wear a two piece. Can I get a fun color or must the cut and hue both be matronly? Other moms out there? What do you think?

If you see me walking around Target with a cartload of clothing wag your finger in my direction! I'm going to try to buy the majority of the boys clothes used or from fair trade sources. I have read enough articles about children slaving in hot, dark warehouses to make T's for the Gap that I can't bear the shame of buying the stuff. Treehugger, you have won!

Finally, A and I are flabbergasted about Heath Ledger. We can't explain it. It's not like we were huge fans, but he seemed like such a normal, regular kind of celebrity. I feel terrible about his death and get all choked up every time I see his picture plastered on msn or yahoo. Maybe it's the mother in me, but I can't stop thinking how sad his parents and daughter must be. Rest in peace...

1 comment:

amanda said...

one pieces don't have to be all matronly! get a red one. red is hot. although, red is my favorite color, so you might want to take that with a grain of salt.