Wednesday, June 18, 2008

mmmmmmmm

just look at those delicious strawberries! We went picking yesterday, but I forgot my camera and can't show you how cute the boys look tucked into the strawberry patch all muddy and juice stained. The picture above is just a few of the berries. I have three quarts frozen, 3 1/2 pints of jam in the freezer and a couple of pints in the fridge for nibbling. yum!

And speaking of jam.... Just look at that little jar of freezer jam! We tested some out this morning and it's super yummy! It tastes a little sweet to me, but you can't mess around with the recipe. Plus, look how pretty it is! It'll be great spread on toast next October. I want to make a few different flavors of jam this summer and freeze them up. I hope A's mom will let us store it in her freezer.... Maybe I can bribe her?

No comments: