Friday, February 20, 2009

You don't need language when you have...


XBox! Our exchange student is fantastic! He's studied English for about a year and is able to speak pretty well with us at home. T and A (it's still funny to me!) have been sick since HJ (our exchange student) arrived. I've felt a little sad for all of us because I've been the only one up after 8pm. Let me tell you all that for a native speaker, I really don't know that much about English. A would be much better for advise on when to use may, might or will and the present continuing tense. The poor kid has to listen to me stumble around my own language! But, he's been very patient and has hung in there with me. He's getting along with H very well. There's no language barrier, and H is easily plied with candy. T's been so tired, he hasn't really been himself. I think sleeping all afternoon has helped him to feel better, though. I made Korean food for dinner that didn't turn out terribly and now all the boys are downstairs playing video games. I know it's only been a week, but we are very happy to have this opportunity to learn a little about another culture.

No comments: