Thursday, August 06, 2009


Last Sunday, we spent the day playing at Lost Lake. It was a long drive, but we were rewarded with a great view of Mt. Hood, swimming, canoeing and picknicking. We tried a quick jaunt on the trail that goes around the lake, but the mosquitos were so thick, we turned back after a few hundred feet. We were very happy to stop at a little country store for fresh berry shakes and pie on our way home. Yum!

On the camping front, I am furiously packing and listing for an easy drive saturday. It's A's birthday and I want it to be as nice as possible since we'll be driving 3 1/2 hours! Here's a list of what I still need to do:
Cook beans
bake snack and something for A's birthday
laundry (the latch on the washer door broke monday, so we've been waiting for the repair guy)
Get clothes in the bags (can't do it until I do laundry)
Buy a new swimsuit top (there is plenty of photographic evidence from the lake trip that the nips aren't concealed by my current situation)

I think this morning, I'm going to get the tent and chairs and other stuff out for ready packing. We're going to Thai on Friday night for A's birthday. If you're in the area, you should join us.

No comments: