Saturday, April 02, 2011

What we've been up to


It is spring! Our yard looks great! The daffodils are blooming, the hyacinths are up. Even the tulips are getting ready to arrive. I've been working on some felting. That little heart up there is on our new dishwasher. We were having a slight problem of people opening the dishwasher while it was in the drying cycle. I'm hoping the "red light, green light" aspect of the heart will eliminate the problem. I didn't actually felt those red and green pieces. Mine turned out too think and rough for the magnets to work. This is just a couple of wool sheets stitched together. Still, I think it looks cute! I wanted the practice because I'm leading a felting project with T's class for their school auction next week and had never felted before. I'll post photos of the kids working and the final project. I hope it turns out great.


H and I helped plant a willow arbor at his school this morning. It is going to be a kind of tunnel that the kids can run through; about 10 feet long. H and I are in the middle of it up there in the photo. We got most of the work done before the cold hail began to fall!

No comments: