Thursday, May 17, 2007

Caffeine Free

Well, just coffee free. H turns into a geyser when I drink coffee, so I've been abstaining for a couple of weeks now. He's been spitting up less and everyone is thankful. I've been drinking my usual cup of tea, but now it tastes thin and watery instead of light and floral. I picked up some chai latte mix and that is a little closer to the full, creamy taste of coffee, but it's not the same. I really miss having a cup of joe every once in a while. When we're finished breastfeeding, I'm going out for the biggest, tastiest cup of coffee of my life. I'll let you know when the time comes and we'll head out together, just us gals. We'll split a couple of french presses full of velvety, aromatic goodness , eat pastries and soak up the ziggy-zaggy high of caffeine mixed with sugar. I can't wait!

H had his six-month check up* today and is hot and cranky from the shots. T is also hot and achy from some kind of cold that may or may not be an ear infection. Both boys are in bed and pumped full of tylenol. T is also being a champ about the garlic/mullein oil drops I bought to put in his ears. Tonight when I put the drops in his ears he cried, "Oh, dear! Oh, dear something is in my ear!" Thank you, Dr. Seuss.

*28 inches and 19 1/2 lbs, whoa!