Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there. Here's a pic of H and I since he's one of the guys that makes me a mom! We don't look too bad in it, either! I had a great day today filled with yummy breakfast, swimming and a barbeque with my mom and sisters. It was a nice day. no big gifts or anything. Yesterday I went to Williams Sonoma and bought some pie cutters that make cute shapes on your pie crust (think Martha Stewart). I really wanted to buy all of these. I can't wait to try them out. Maybe for T's rummage sale/cake walk fundraiser next weekend.....

We had a gosling for the afternoon on friday. Mema caught a crow attacking the poor little goose and called us to bring it home. He was pretty shaken, but not hurt. By dinner time he had eaten a pretty big plate of peas and lettuce and had calmed down enough to start perusing the living room. Unluckily for the goose (who was named "Duck" by H), he kept pooping all over, so it was a quick trip back to the pond. He wasn't limping and I was able to locate his family easily. I think he's going to be fine....

Here's T cuddling the little fellow. I read that birds don't have a developed enough sense of smell to smell humans on their babies, but that the mothers know how many babies they have. That last bit was really what made me bring him back sooner than I might have. I didn't want his mama honking all over for the little guy! T was very gentle and got bored of sitting still and being quiet in a pretty short time.

No comments: