Tuesday, February 08, 2011

So Close to Spring

This is the most difficult time of year. The days are becoming lighter and some days warmer, even. The bulbs have begun to to poke out of the ground and I think it may be next week when my first daffodil explodes yellow in the front yard. But it it dangerous out there in the garden. Often, I am seduced by those warm moments of dazzling sunshine into eagerly tossing seeds into the soil. Dreaming of fresh peas and bright flowers. Only to wake up to snow-crushed seedlings. Even as I know that we still have many days of freezing temps and could very likely have snow, yet this winter I have pansies in the front yard and today I scattered a few johnny jump-up seeds in the barren backyard. Cross your fingers for my flowers. It's time for brightness.

No comments: